Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Endless Movie Series that need to stop....

The fact that a Saw 5 and Saw 6, those horror movies that are always out at Halloween now, are already in the pipe really concerns me.

How can the series of Saw movies continue when the bad guy has been revealed?  It sure seems like it might get a little tedious to me.  Going to movies just to watch newer and gorier methods of a crazed maniac to torture and kill victims.  I've never been a fan of the horror genre, except a few minor exceptions (like Scream for instance).....

I guess as long as the sequels continue to do big business, they'll keep rolling the crap out.  I just wish that money wasn't the only reason to continue rolling them out.

Take an example from Shrek, and go out with a set number of films....Then, shelve it, and let someone else reinvent it 20 years later......Of course, I guess Shrek won't be done with its run till sometime between 2010 and 2015.....

Via /Film

No comments: