Saturday, July 07, 2007

Upcoming Release: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

It's hard to believe, but the release of the latest entry into the Harry Potter franchise is right around the corner.  In a mere 4 days I'll be headed out to my local theatre for a midnight screening of the flick, and I haven't been more excited for a Harry Potter movie.

I'm slightly concerned that reviews are rolling in saying the franchise may be showing signs of losing steam.  Frankly, I'm not sure where these guys get it.  The Potter films are still some of the top-grossing films of all-time, and I think they've all steadily improved overall (though I still like Azkaban slightly better than Goblet). 

The previews/trailers I've seen to this point have left me wanting more, and the effects look really top-notch....So either these reviews are misleading and not the work of true Potter fans, or somewhere David Yates went wrong, and all the good stuff is in the trailers...and nothing more....Honestly, I'd stick with the former.

I'm looking forward to enjoying this one....over and over.....

No comments: