Sunday, July 08, 2007

Transformers Lights Up the Holiday Box-Office!

I'm glad to see the returns for Transformers are turning out very well....near expectations for many of the predictions. 

The one thing I'd like to have seen is what it would have pulled down if it had released on a Friday instead of a Tuesday (and even Monday night!).

For the 3-day weekend, Transformers racked up an estimated $67.6 million....Honestly, I would have liked to have seen it crack $70 million, but add that total to the $85 million or so it made up until Friday, and you've got some good numbers.

Also, the ratings are holding up surprisingly well.  It still has a solid A- on the Yahoo! ratings, which is not a common feat.  The last time I remember a movie pulling that off was X2: X-Men United....I'm sure there have been others, but off the top of my head I can't think of any blockbusters that scored that high.

Via Coming Soon!

No comments: